Monday, May 20, 2013

ROASTED BEETS ~ for Blood Type Os



How To Roast Beets

Use as many beets as will fit into your baking dish. Once they are cooked you can store them in your refrigerator for up to a week. Try to incorporate this superfood into your diet a few times a month!

1 to 2 bunches of beets
baking dish with a lid

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set out your being dish. I use a ceramic baking dish with a lid. Trim the ends off of your beets. Place them into the baking dish. Put the lid on.

Bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Very small beets will take the shortest amount of cooking time while large beets can take up to 1 1/2 hours. Extra large beets can take up to 2 hours. They will be fork tender when done.

Let them cool and then slip the skins off. That's it! Wasn't that easy?

Another version:
I've tried all of the common methods for cooking beets, and I still have the best luck with steaming them. When they are fork tender, and cooled off, I peel and slice them, then put in a zip-lock bag in a single layer (as flat as possible, anyway), then freeze for future use. When I'm in the mood for beets as a side dish, I take out what I need, and heat them either on my stove top or in the microwave, with a little sauce for flavoring (such as sweet & sour, or teriyaki-ginger-sesame, or whatever will go with the main dish I'm having).

Source:  http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2012/09/how-to-roast-beets-easy-way.html

No comments:

Post a Comment