These Apple Oatmeal Cups are a great choice for breakfast on the go! You can bake them at night and grab them on the go in the morning. Or, make a batch and leave out for weekend overnight guests to help themselves to as they wake up. Hope you enjoy!
Makes about 8- 9 oatmeal cups
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 T. ground flax-seed meal
- 3 T. white spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, flax-seed meal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar and nuts if desired). Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients (milk, egg white, vanilla and applesauce) and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add batter to muffin about 2/3 full (batter won’t rise very much when cooking)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.
Note: I did make some small adjustments to this recipe.