Saturday, February 2, 2013

MISSING: Our Daughter, Michelle Evon Carnall-Burton

Please help us find our daughter Michelle!

by Donna Tice-Carnall on FACEBOOK on Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:13pm ·

~ NOTE: As of today 2 Feb 2013, we have not had any word of Michelle. ~

In 1984, our daughter Michelle 'Chelle' Evon Carnall left home, the home where we still live, leaving behind her 3 1/2 month old son Michael. About 1 1/2 years later we adopted him. Though we never told Michael anything bad about his mother he always seemed to have some trouble dealing with the fact she had left him. He was so hurt by this he refused to talk about her & never once asked any questions about her even though I tried to encourage him to do so. Because of his feelings toward her & because I was afraid of the turmoil that might be brought into his life, her father & I decided it would probably be best if we waited to look for her until Michael was of age.

As soon as he joined the Marines (2 days after the President declared war) & left for overseas (Okinawa, then Iraq) I started looking for her, but with very little luck. I did find her husband (Robert Lynn Burton, Jr., 1st) in Wichita, KS. But he said the last he saw her or heard from her they were just 6 months into their marriage....they were married in 1986, in Wichita.

This year (2013) I will be 69 years old, & I want to see my daughter....I need to know how she is! Because of my own childhood baggage & anxiety problems I wasn't the best of mothers & could only parent as I had been parented. I want & need so badly to tell my daughter I love her & that I'm so sorry for not being a better mother to her & for not knowing how to give her what she needed.

I just pray that in spite of me she has made a good life for herself. Her father & I love her & miss her very much, as do her brothers, & others in our family. Most of all her son Michael needs to know her & understand what brought her to leave him. Twenty-nine years without her is an eternity!!! If nothing else, we need to know she's alive, & hopefully, well.

Michelle is a grandmother now. Michael & his wife has a beautiful & very rambunctious 3 year old son, who looks like a miniature replica of his father at that age!  

We are hoping someone reading this plea will help us find her, or at least have information about her. Michelle turned 47 on 27 April 2012. The latest picture we have of her is posted above. Please, if you ANY info, no matter how small or old, please contact us at 785-505-1061. CALL COLLECT, we will take your call. Our full contact info is below. You don't have to give your name if you do not want to.

Thank you!!!
Bud & Donna Carnall
606 East 9th Street
Cherryvale, KS 67335
785-505-1061
dlcarnall@yahoo.com
carnall44@hotmail.com


3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna; I am a missing person advocate. It sounds like your daughter has never been reported missing. Please consider going to your police station to file a report so that she can get a profile in the national database with DNA so that if she is not with us any longer and has been buried as a Jane Doe that she can get identified and her loved ones can bring her home. Did she have any injuries? Dental work? How about a C-section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you've gotten closure. Rest in peace Michelle. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete