Wednesday, March 20, 2013
CROCKPOT SWEET POTATO CHILI ~ for Type Os
1 lb. lean ground chuck
1 medium onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
Cooking oil of your choice
4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
3-4 Tbsp Paprika
1-2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
3 tomatoes, diced (or 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes)
1 Tbsp Red Wine
¼ cup mild chili peppers, diced (or 4 oz. can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilies)
2 15 oz. cans Black Beans
1 medium/large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
Shredded Mozzarella, Feta or Farmers cheese
1. Add oil to pan, saute garlic and onions until tender, & ground chuck is no longer pink. Drain.
2. Add and mix all other ingredients except sweet potatoes and cheese.
3. Oil slow cooker pot and add a layer of the bean mixture, then layer with chopped or sliced sweet potatoes, salt, pepper and grated cheese.
4. Repeat all the layers until you run out of beans.
5. Cook on low for 4 hours, then serve!
Adapted from recipe found at: http://blog.vitacost.com/cooking-recipe/vegan-slow-cooker-sweet-potato-chili.html ..... posted there By Dana Zucker on January 14th, 2013